As a publisher seeking to inspire creativity in the live's of our readers, gestalten is committed to high-value, low-impact products. From the materials we choose to use to our methods of transportation, we are striving to make our company more sustainable. Since the beginning of gestalten, the following process have been implemented to reduce our ecological footprint:
- Our suppliers are carefully selected and we produce solely in Europe to limit transport emissions and ensure fair working conditions.
- Our paper is currently FSC™️ (Forest Stewardship Council™️) certified which is the only wood certification scheme endorsed by WWF, Greenpeace, and the Woodland Trust. This also safeguards forest biodiversity and local communities.
- We comply with California Proposition 65.
- We are part of LKG’s initiative to support ‘Plant-for-the-Planet’ to compensate for packaging and we produce small print runs to reduce the risk of destroying unsold books.
- Our formats maximize the efficient use of paper and reduce consumption.
We decided to go further by collaborating with Tree Nation to plant one tree for each book sold on our webshop. As a book publisher, this is the logical evolution in our journey to becoming even more environmentally friendly.
By ordering from our online shop, you support our commitment to a more sustainable future.